zaterdag 22 februari 2014

Think of me

It's a road paved
with shattered fantasies
the clouds waved
through the throng of the seas

The waves murmur about
what had been and could have been
but that doesn't hold me in
I'm still out, on the roads about

Just think of me
and the young illusions I recall
When I'm still standing tall
in front of reality

It's a measure of a man
when he's freed from the shackles of the boy
not to lose what made him burst of joy
when he's out to find a new land

It's a fight, alright,
but not one to keep me under
they can cry storm and thunder
but won't keep me under

I'm growing wise, seasons have passed
I'm still around, I had my seatbelts fastened
Your 'how' hangs unspoken in the low light,
But really, it all hangs on a rare smile
to make all the wars and scars worthwhile

Despite all my younger self's dreams
I like to imagine I'm rather well off
Sure, there are cracks and seams
But this mind has a life, keeping it aloft

Because you just have to think of me
and the young illusions I recall
When I'm still standing tall
in front of reality

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten