dinsdag 16 december 2014

Been living here

Been living here
twenty-six years and some
Between those four walls
lies my life's history
a sun going down, a moon rising
the dust never settled
the rest never left

There are my books
a strange fascinating arrangement
pictures on the wall,
got some decoration on the wall
Bleu azur and bright blue
lighten up the cues

Been living here
twenty-six years and some
beds came and crashed
posters tore off or went on
and the window sight
in an ever changing scene
a tree recently knocked down,
pale orange the lone
street lantern light

This was my room and so will be
my stories from hitherto gone on
I'll collect my memories,
a birthday crown, my fluffy penguin
in a box they'll promptly disappear
The cramped up cupboard sights in relief
as the end of the year draws near

A new chapter, new four walls
will surround my private story
but never will the humble memory and glory
disappear at all
My tiny room empties but never falls

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten