dinsdag 26 augustus 2014

Barren lands

It's a time to hunker down
but still the roving heart goes out
this weather as the day I was born in
the cold rain to line the street's din

It's a time to enjoy warmth
but still the hunting heart alarms
those trees as the morning I greeted first
while crying of fatigue and thirst

Hear the wind rustle up the leaves
stalking the houses like thieves
In my seat, linked through the sands
Time flees through my hands,
sowing my memories upon barren lands

The rain's deluge brings refuge
My heart moves once again in its groove
and while this worn seat withstands the clock
My heart boards a lone ship at the dock
and while the sea greets the man
he views upon his barren lands

Barren lands of love and friendship
barren lands of heartbreak and hardship

It's a time to hunker down
to remember a soft frown
to read and think of her soulful eyes
every once again in a while

As it rains, I'm one of the islands
commandeering my barren lands ...


Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten